– Robocalls offering new health care coverage for COVID-19
– Free masks for a Medicare number
– Offers for COVID-19 cures via email or social media
– Text messages for free COVID-19 test for a Medicare number
– Billing schemes adding extra charges for tests not performed
Stop COVID-19 Medicare fraud with these helpful tips:
– Don’t give out your Medicare number
– Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know
– Be cautious when purchasing medical supplies from unverified sources
– Ignore online offers and ads for vaccinations.
– Review your Medicare Summary Notices, contact the TXSMP (888)341-6187 with concerns.
Full article can be found here: https://www.chron.com/medicareguide/