Make Halloween Fun & Safe
Halloween can be a fun and spooky time for everyone. However, it is important to prioritize safety for all our family members, even older adults. Here are some Halloween safety tips for you to keep in mind this spooky season.
- Lights! Reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls by keeping your home well-lit inside and out. Consider motion-activated lights to illuminate outdoor areas. Be aware of where you place decorations, as they can become a hazard.
- Costume Comfort. If you plan to dress up, choose a costume that is comfortable and easy to move in. Avoid masks that can obstruct vision, choose some allergy free eye makeup instead!
- Stay visible. If you or your loved one is going out at night, wear reflective clothing or accessories and carry a flashlight so others can see you. It’s best to go out with a friend or family member. There is safety in numbers, and it can be a fun social activity.
- Pumpkin Carving Safety. If you are carving pumpkins, be careful with sharp objects. It’s often safer to paint or decorate them instead of carving.
- Pet’s need safety measures too! If you have pets, be mindful of their safety. Keep them indoors or in a secure area during Halloween festivities to prevent them from getting scared or lost.
- Scam Awareness. Beware of Halloween-related scams, especially online. Be cautious when clicking on links or providing personal information.
- Home Security. Lock your doors and windows when you are not at home. Halloween can sometimes attract pranksters.
By following these safety tips, you and your loved ones can enjoy Halloween accident free. It’s important to always be aware, prepared and taking proper precautions to have a SPOOKTACULAR and safe holiday.
Omnibus Home Health Care provides our clients with the best in-home health care available. Our staff of highly skilled professionals offer quality care for your needs. We accept many insurance plans including: traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans, Medicaid HMO and private insurances plans. We will check benefit coverage on all insurance. This is not a guarantee of acceptance of coverage for our services. Acceptance is based on eligibility, medical necessity and the requirements of our company guidelines. For more information on insurance coverage call 409.724.7000 and visit our Facebook page for the latest information from our staff.
*The information given in this blog is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.